Are you new to the transplant process or want to refresh your knowledge?
Go on the DATE (dialysis and transplant echo) TeleECHO Clinic every other week for 5 sessions. Join our expert Hub, as well as Transplant and Dialysis centers for an interactive all teach all learn new case based approach to learning. Discover the benefits of ECHO and ZOOM; use technology to share knowledge. Register for our ECHO below and view the session schedules on our calendar.
Have you attended the DATE ECHO or want to stay current on important topics in the transplant world?
Join our ECHO University held once per month on the topics most relevant to kidney transplant. Each one hour session will be presented by an expert in the transplant field along with a pertinent case for discussion. Register for the University below and view the schedule on our calendar.
DATE TeleECHO Session Schedule
Session 1: Orientation to ECHO and Improving access to kidney transplant/reducing disparities
1) Discuss the barriers to transplant in the ESRD population. 2) Understand the social behavioral determinants of health that contribute to disparities. 3) Discuss collaborative strategies to overcome barriers and disparities.
Session 2: Help me or Hurt me: What are the Benefits and Risks of Transplant vs Dialysis?
1) Understand long term outcomes on dialysis vs transplant 2) Characterize risks associated with dialysis vs transplant 3) Understand aspects of quality of life
Session 3: Let's be candid about candidacy: Who is a candidate & who is NOT?
1) Understand what the evaluation process for transplant eligibility entails
Session 4: Hate to Wait! How the wait list works.
1) Understand the time period from listing to transplantation
Session 5: Wanted: Dead or Alive! What are my Donor Options?
1) Characterize different options for transplantation 2) Understand the pros and cons of having a living donor vs waiting for a deceased donor 3) Living donor risks/recovery
Registration for our DATE ECHO is now open-