Do you want to learn more about the transplant process?
Go on a DATE with NYKidney DATE (dialysis and transplant echo) TeleECHO Clinic every other week for 7 sessions, with sessions beginning in June and Sept. Join our expert Hub, as well as Transplant and Dialysis centers for an interactive all teach all learn new case based approach to learning. Discover the benefits of ECHO and ZOOM; use technology to share knowledge. Register for our ECHO below and view the session schedules on our calendar.
DATE TeleECHO Session Schedule
Session 1: Orientation: What is ECHO? And why is it so special?
Session 2: Mythbusting: An Interactive Dialogue for Overcoming Disparity
1) Characterize the biases and referral disparities in the ESRD population, including age, race, and individuals with intellectual/developmental disability, and varying health literacy. 2) Understand the social behavioral determinants of health that contribute to bias 3) Learn strategies to mitigate bias
Session 3: Help me or Hurt me: What are the Benefits and Risks of Transplant vs Dialysis?
1) Understand long term outcomes on dialysis vs transplant 2) Characterize risks associated with dialysis vs transplant 3) Understand aspects of quality of life
Session 4: Let’s be candid about candidacy: Who is a candidate & who is NOT?
1) Define which patients will benefit from transplantation 2) Understand which patients have an absolute contraindication to transplant eligibility 3) Relative contraindications/barriers to eligibility
Session 5: Will I Pass the Test? The Evaluation Process.
1) Understand what the evaluation process for transplant eligibility entails
Session 6: Hate to Wait! How the wait list works.
1) Understand the time period from listing to transplantation
Session 7: Wanted: Dead or Alive! What are my Donor Options?
1) Characterize differ options for transplantation 2) Understand the pros and cons of having a living donor vs waiting for a deceased donor 3) Living donor risks/recovery